U-Boot im Focus 15
As always, the issue was packed very well; wrapped in paper and then inside a cardboard envelope. The magazine is printed on 58 high-quality glossy pages and all the text is in both German and English and the quality of the English translation is excellent. The photographs are all good quality and never before published.
The magazine starts as usual with an editorial from the editor. The next item, as usual, is the reader’s forum, where additional information is published for previous issues.
Next we get into the content of the magazine itself. The subjects of the various topics are
- 58 pages with 63 photos – thereof 13 in colour, 1 coloured document, 1 coloured conning tower side-view, 2 coloured boat-side-views, 3 maps,
- Readers Forum
- Unusual: The Commander Lends a Hand
- Boat in Focus: U-84 – The Story of a Boat Patrols off Newfoundland, America and in the Caribbean
- Documents: The Krupp Germaniawerft AG’s Knight’s Cross Certificate
- Conning Towers: U-431 – One-Off Camouflage Scheme in the Mediterranean
- Fates: The Last Photos and the Last Voyage of Kptlt. Schepke (U-100)
- Photos with a Story: U-Boat Code Names in the Bases at St. Nazaire and La Pallice
- Scenery: A Look into the Conning Tower
- Cap Badges: U-50’s Big “Whale” Cap Badge
- Interior Shots: U-109
- as well as photos of U-437, U-561, U-65, U-237 and further information
- ISBN: 978-3-941437-35-7
Another great bunch of previously unseen photos, with excellent commentaries.
If you’re interested in the Kriegsmarine at all, then this magazine is of special interest to you and highly recommended.
The best way to get these is via the subscriptions that are available here.