Italeri July 2018 Releases
The 20′ Tecnokar Tank trailer is designed to ensure the highest level of efficiency in the liquid and fluid transport. The sturdy steel frame, on a three-axle system, made by the Italian Company, is able to load a 20′ tank ideal to be used in the container intermodal logistic. It can well satisfy the need of complex and integrated logistic companies that adopting intermodal transport solution of liquid goods. That’s more and more important taking in consideration that, in the recent years, the intermodal transport solution of liquids, especially the liquids destined to the food industry, is a “must have” to guarantee reliability and respect of the delivery time.
In the United States, large tractor units for long distance heavy duty haulage are typically equipped with a powerful, reliable engine coupled to a sturdy chassis able to support the hauling of heavy half-trailers. Furthermore, the driver’s cabs maximise comfort and peak living conditions to minimise the driver’s work load. This is achieved by generous in-cab equipment making these vehicles true apartments on wheels. Additionally, a wide range of accessories are provided: extended exhaust pipes, antianimal bars, tanks and alternative finishes strictly chromium-plated in all cases.
The Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausf. E Tiger I is one of the most famous tanks of the Second World War. It was developed to provide to Wehrmacht Panzer Divisions an heavy armored, with a superior firepower, heavy tank able to flank the Panzer III and Panzer IV medium tanks no longer able to fight successfully against the new enemy tanks. The main armament was the famous and lethal antitank gun KwK 36 L/56 88 mm long barrel. The main gun was installed in the turret and protected by a 120 mm thick gun mantlet. It was able to penetrate, even at long distances, the armor of any kind of enemy armored vehicles of the time. The first Tigers went into action in September 1942 near Leningrad. After few months they were deployed to the Don Front in Russia. The first version produced took also part, in December 1942, to the German Military Operations in North Africa during the Tunisia campaign.
The Panzer IV was the most extensively used German tank during the Second World War. It represented the “backbone” of the German Panzer Divisions on all operational theaters. Toward the end of the war, based on the Panzer IV hull, the self-propelled anti-aircraft gun Wirbelwind was developed to improve the air-defense capability of the ground troops against the Allied air-superiority. From the second half of 1944, the Flakpanzer IV Wirbelwinds were assigned to the anti-aircraft units of the German armored and motorized divisions. The Panzer IV’s turret was removed and replaced with an open-top turret and armed with a quadruple 20 mm Flak 38 L/112.5, which provided a rapid fire and good firepower. The Wirbelwind was quite effective against low-altitude attacks of enemy fighters, but it was also used against lightly armored ground targets such as infantry, trucks and armored cars.
The 88mm antiaircraft Flugabwehrkanone (Flak) was one of the major successful cannons of the Second World War. The Luftwaffe deployed it as German territory defense against enemy air raids, while the Wermacht inside the artillery antiaircraft divisions. Every Wermacht division has equipped with 8 88mm and 12 20mm units. General Rommel was one of the first ones to use the Flak 88 during the May 1940 France campaign in a different role compared to its original design purposes. The Flak 88 became the most famous and feared antitank cannon in force with the Axis tropes in the Second World War. During the defense of Halfaya Pass in Northern Africa, in a few minutes, a single Wermacht Flak 88 battery destroyed 11 of the 12 English tanks sent against the German’s positions. The pass became well known in-between the English tank man as Hellfire pass. The Flak 88 was in force throughout the end of the war on all fronts with its double antiaircraft and antitank role.
The single-seat attack aircraft F-117 Nighthawk was developed by Lockheed Martin and operated by the United States Air Force. The first prototypes were released in the ‘80s but the “Nighthawk” project was considered classified for several years. The F-117 was in fact developed on advanced stealth technologies designed to avoid detection and to reduce reflection and radar emission. To enhance the stealth features, the offensive armament was located in two internal weapons bays able to carry more than 2,200 Kg of bombs as the laser-guided GBU Paveway or the JDAM (Joint Direct Attack Munition) bombs. Thanks to its two General Electric turbofans engine the F-117 Nighthawk was able to reach the max speed of Mach 0.92. The F-117 obtained a very high media visibility during the Gulf War in 1991 and during the Balkans War.
The Hawk T Mk 1 was developed by Hawker Siddeley, today part of BAE Systems, to equip the Royal Air Force advanced training units in the second half of the 1970’s. Its aerodynamic configuration is characterized by the two-man tandem cockpit and by the low-mounted wings. It is powered by a Rolls Royce Adour turbofan engine able to guarantee good flying performances. The Hawk has a very good maneuverability and it is considered one of the best subsonic trainer. The Hawk T1A version was, more in details, developed to equip the RAF’s Tactical Weapons Units and it can be armed with two air-to-air AIM-9L Sidewinder missiles and a centerline Aden gun pod. It achieved a good commercial success and it was adopted by several Air Forces around the World. Further more, the Hawk T1A, in a modified and dedicated version, is currently used by the Royal Air Force aerobatic team “Red Arrows”
1/72 BRITISH 11th HUSSARS
The charge of the light brigade against the Russian stations is one of the most tragic moments in the battle of Balaklava during the Crimean War. This kit allows you to create light cavalry of the 8th Hussars or of the Prince Albert’s Own 11th Hussars, led by Lord Cardigan during the charge of the six hundred through the valley encircled by Russian infantry and artillery. The light brigade, in spite of its losses, managed anyhow to engage the Russian forces at the end of the valley and push them back into a retreat.
1/72 BRITISH INFANTRY AND SEPOYS
The kit reproduces in detail the British colonial troops of the second half of the nineteenth century and the “Sepoys”, the Indian infantry troops employed under the British government. The “Sepoys” were already recruited largely by the British East India Companies but they gained notoriety when they were employed in the “British Indian Army”. The uniforms of the soldiers of our kit refers to the Second Anglo-Afghan War fought from 1878 and ended with the Battle of Kandahar in 1880.